the dirty D weekend.
The wait is over — my sister is finally going to med school! Wayne State, here she comes.
And being the nice older (well, by 13 months) brother that I am, I’m helping her move up to the land of Lions and Tigers (with no Bears, though). Alas, here’s the itinerary:
- fly from DC to ATL tonight — land at 9
- leave mom’s house at 6am
- DRIVE 9 1/2 hours to Columbus, OH
- sleep at uncle’s house
- wake up early again and leave at 9am
- drive 3 1/2 hours to Detroit
- help her unpack
- fly home — but wait, since direct flights from DTW to DCA are mad expensive, it’ll be DTW-ATL-DCA.
Oh, and on top of all this travel, guess who’s bringing home her huge suitcase full of her stuff AND pay for checking the bag? Again, I must say that I’m a nice brother. Maybe too nice. And I’m sure you’re asking how she’s repaying me. In $40 worth of Metro cards. Which I misplaced.
C’est la vie. When in Rome. All right, I’m done. If we see Eminem, I guess my weekend will be complete. Or Jodi. We shall see.