Things that are making my Friday: this list of things The New York Times loved about NYC in 1976.
My favorites that (appear to) still ring true today:
11. Hating Con Edison (OMG YES)
25. The best water supply system in the nation.
30. Hating New York. (ha!)
31. Imagining New York without anyone in it.
46. More movies, plays and ballet than anywhere else, and not going.
96. American flags on Bay Ridge houses.
But there are a few make me wish I had a time machine to travel back to 1970s — save for that blackout in ‘77. The things about subway tokens, whistling for cabs (that actually worked!), and actually using telephone books. So I guess now some of that stuff seems so extra, but it was a rougher, yet simpler time.
No matter what time period — New York, I still love ya.